Accidental spillages are undoubtedly going to occur at some time or other so we have put together a few guidelines to help you safely deal with them.
1. Act Promptly The majority of carpet’s supplied these days are generally treated with a stain-resist solution, in many cases a great deal of spillages can be effectively removed provided that prompt action is taken. Typically the longer the delay, the greater the chances of a spill becoming a permanent stain. Bear in mind that, staining can be influenced by a number of factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Absorb liquids by using a dry, white, absorbent material or even heavy-duty toweling (absolutely no printing).
3. Be careful not to scrub the area as scouring could potentially cause pile distortion within the area affected. Continue to use a dry towel or paper kitchen towels until the area has completely dried out. For semi-solids, delicately collect using a rounded object in order to prevent damaging the carpet pile. Solids should always be broken up and vacuumed until thoroughly removed.
4. Pretest all spot removal solutions in an inconspicuous area to ensure the product won’t cause damage to the carpet fiber or even the coloring. While applying a few drops to the testing area, hold a white towel or cloth on the wet area for ten seconds or so. Have a look at the carpeting as well as the cloth for color transfer, color change, or even damage to your carpet. In the event a change occurs, a different cleaning solution should be chosen.
5. Apply a small amount of your chosen cleaning solution to a white towel or cloth and use carefully.
6. It is recommended to work out from the edges of the spillage towards the center in order to prevent the spill from spreading. You should never scrub the area! Always blot the area in order to really absorb the maximum amount of the stain as possible. Repeat the process if necessary.
7. Continue using the primary cleaning solution as long as there’s a transfer of the spillage to the fabric. it’s not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions in the event the first product removes the spill.
8. Try to be patient! Complete removal of the spillage may require you to repeat the process a couple of times. You should not proceed to the next step until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse out the affected area thoroughly using cold water, and additionally blot with a dry cloth material until the entire solution has been removed. Quite a few cleaning solutions, can cause permanent damage to carpeting if the cleaning solution isn’t thoroughly removed.
10. When finished apply a one-half inch layer of kitchen towels to the affected area, and weigh down using a flat, heavy object to dry. Continue to change the paper towels as needed.
Equip your household with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and also our World Renowned® Grease & Oil cleaner for oil-based spots. To find out more give us a call today at (01) 2960252
For more detailed information on a specific spill, please call Chem-Dry City West at (01) 2960252 to see if we can help..
Dublin-12 Walkinstown, Perrystown, kimmage, Park West, Ballymount,
Dublin-16 Rathfarnham, Ballyboden, Templeogue, Knocklyon.
Dublin-22 Clondalkin, Bawnogue, Newlands Cross, Nangor road, Naas road,
Dublin-24 Firhouse, Ballycullen, Old Bawn, Tallaght, Kilnamanagh, Jobstown, Belgard, Kingswood, Saggart.
Co Dublin-Brittas, Lucan, Newcastle, Rathcoole,